GETTING YOUR OWN PRINTMany photographs we might have in our stock in the gallery. They are ready to be picked up locally or sent worldwide. If new photo print or canvas have to be prepared it will take us about 10 days to have it ready.
Gran Canaria is an amazing place. This place has the nature of Africa and the culture of Europe. When it was discovered by Europeans almost all the island population was living still in caves. Surprisingly although people have arrived on the Canary Islands thousands of years ago, they have forgotten to sail for unknown reasons. They have stuck here literally for ages and kind of retarded to the caveman lifestyle. When Spaniards came, they could easily take over all islands with almost no force.
Canary islands in comparison con Africa have one huge advantage- there is literally no animal that could harm you. I have walked the island making 140kilometers. slipping in the tent to make sure that each morning I will have great views when I wake up.
A large part of the time half of the island is covered with the sea of clouds. This part of the island is covered by the forest evolved to capture the humidity from the air. The other part of Gran Canaria is covered by step where many strange plants and cactuses grow. The southern extreme side of the island become a desert. It is called La Playa Ingles which means Engish Beach but the name doesn't represent the place. This beach is full of dunes stretching on the area of a few square kilometers.
TIPS BEFORE DECIDING
- Although it is not a rule of a thumb, we do recommend selecting night and evening photographs for your bedroom, or other places where you spend late hours.
- Abstract photos and details can be mixed in great numbers. Keep in mind to preserve some balance of colors between photographs.
- Decorative photographs can be used to add some color and interest to any empty spaces such as the kitchen or hallway.
- Landscapes and seascapes can be treated as windows so big sizes are recommended for them.
- Before hanging, arrange all photos flat on the ground to judge the effect.
- Group pictures by color or subject. you can also change the color or the subject by introducing another photo in the middle that connects two different photos. For example, you could hang the sea-scape and the photo of a white village by introducing a photo of a house on the beach.
- Treat the wall as a unique composition. If you have two photos of a coast, it would be a better idea to put them face to face, instead of back to back. The viewer's eye will stay longer contemplating the views. The symmetry of a set gives an elegant and clean look to the wall.
- Consider both: vertical and horizontal symmetry.
- Fix a small piece of double-coated tape in the bottom of the frame, so it does not tilt!
- In a row: By placing an odd number of pictures in a horizontal line to each other give a sense of space. This works well in hallways or stairwells.
- You can also arrange multiple pictures in geometric shapes like a square, rectangular and even oval. Make sure that inside those shapes there is some vertical or horizontal alignment for the pictures.