PHOTOGRAPHS BY MIRO SLAVIN
I always knew I want to be a photographer. In 1999 I had my first job photographing the coast of Croatia. Meanwhile, I was busy escaping from the cold in my home country (Poland) I ended up in Spain where I sold my first print in 2004. After winning some local photo competitions and having already plenty of front-page publications in local magazines I have decided to try to create my own gallery. The first gallery I opened in 2009 was in Frigiliana and since then there were already four galleries (Frigiliana, Nerja, Pals). My style was noticed by local architects and some real estate agencies and soon I became an architectural photographer. A few years ago I have moved to Costa Brava in Girona in Spain where I work for various real estate agencies
PHOTO-VIDEO SERVICES FOR REAL ESTATE
You can now hire me as a photographer to higher your chances to rent or sell your property.
During the previous 20 years, everything in marketing has changed. The quality of photography got much better, drones were invented and YouTube has changed our way of viewing videos also completely new ideas have emerged such as virtual tours. I keep my mind open to all new technologies.
The pure beauty of a white town Frigiliana is by far the most beautiful of all white towns of Andalusia. Only door, windows, and flower […]
Entrance to the Costa del Sol Nerja is a very first town on the Costa del Sol. But it is very different than the rest […]
Mediterranean sea and the Atlantic ocean Traveling through the Andalusian coast you will visit five different provinces. From almost deserted Almerian coast, you will pass […]
Sandy beaches and rocky cliffs surrounded by forest Costa Brava is my favorite coast of all I visited in my life. I have never seen […]
A country full of rivers, forests, lakes, and mountains Catalan Nature is one of the most impressive in Europe. The climate here is just right. […]
Colors and Textures In this category, you will find photographs focused on the detail, textures and colorful elements but also photos with a simple graphical […]
History written in textures With the time the collection of photographs of doors have grown big enough to dedicate it a separate folder. These photos […]
People of the world Portraits of people from Spain, Morocco, Cuba, and a few other places. Although the subjects are people, it is not clear […]
I just love abandoned places. Imagining how people lived there and who they were. It is almost the same type of photography as still life […]
MONOCHROMATIC PHOTOGRAPHS I have to say that in most scenarios I prefer color photography and usually I do not even try to think in black […]
Portraits of our Planet For may years landscape photography was an essential part of photography. I think that landscape photography gets more difficult with every […]
The Magic of the Sea If there is something magic in this world, it is the sea and the ocean. First of all, It is […]
Animal’s photography. It is a kind of extreme photography. Although animals can be the nicest models for a photographer they can be also very tricky. […]
OTHER COUNTRIES AND PLACES
The place between earth and heaven I have to say that Thailand is one of my favorite places so far. Everything from nature to architecture […]
Frozen in time For the most visitor to Cuba, this country will appear at least as a time travel. I have felt as I moved […]
European Africa Gran Canaria is an amazing place. This place has the nature of Africa and the culture of Europe. When it was discovered by […]
The gate to Africa If you know how to get through overcrowded towns without being hustled by the street “Sale representative”, Marocco can be extremely […]
SPARE PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE REST OF SPAIN My collection is getting larger every year but there are not enough photos for the moment to separate […]
TIPS BEFORE DECIDING
- Although it is not a rule of a thumb, we do recommend selecting night and evening photographs for your bedroom, or other places where you spend late hours.
- Abstract photos and details can be mixed in great numbers. Keep in mind to preserve some balance of colors between photographs.
- Decorative photographs can be used to add some color and interest to any empty spaces such as the kitchen or hallway.
- Landscapes and seascapes can be treated as windows so big sizes are recommended for them.
- Before hanging, arrange all photos flat on the ground to judge the effect.
- Group pictures by color or subject. you can also change the color or the subject by introducing another photo in the middle that connects two different photos. For example, you could hang the sea-scape and the photo of a white village by introducing a photo of a house on the beach.
- Treat the wall as a unique composition. If you have two photos of a coast, it would be a better idea to put them face to face, instead of back to back. The viewer's eye will stay longer contemplating the views. The symmetry of a set gives an elegant and clean look to the wall.
- Consider both: vertical and horizontal symmetry.
- Fix a small piece of double-coated tape in the bottom of the frame, so it does not tilt!
- In a row: By placing an odd number of pictures in a horizontal line to each other give a sense of space. This works well in hallways or stairwells.
- You can also arrange multiple pictures in geometric shapes like a square, rectangular and even oval. Make sure that inside those shapes there is some vertical or horizontal alignment for the pictures.